Thursday, June 25, 2009

{ rehearsal dinner }

Yesterday in the mail I got the invitation for our rehearsal dinner from my FMIL. When we started planning everything I talked to her and my mom and told them that whatever party we had, I would love to have a copy of every invitation and it's been really nice because instead of just handing them to me, they have sent me everyone and made sure that I was sent one for all the showers as well. It's actually a bittersweet moment because that's the last invitation I'll get related to the wedding...but exciting because it means the big day is getting even closer!

But anyway, back to the topic at hand. I cannot wait for our rehearsal dinner! Because T is a very causal guy, his mom planned this to be a very causal party. Give him a closet full of khakis, polos and rainbows { boat shoes, if he's feeling really crazy } and he's one happy guy. I, on the other hand, love any excuse to get dressed up. So the compromise was formal wedding, informal rehearsal dinner.

I've mentioned some of this before, but they have rented this little island right off on of the beaches here that is surrounderd by beautiful lowcountry marsh on each side. We are going to have lowcountry boil and barbecue { yum YUM! } and this will be where T will proudly get to display his { very orange } clemson paw groom's cake.

I did have a little bit of a hard time sticking to the casual dress code that was suggested. After I found Vera and we decided that my sister wouldn't be making my wedding dress, she and I sat down to decide what party she could make me a dress for. So when we decided on the rehearsal dinner, we obsessed over ideas for a few weeks and finally found something not exactly causal, but not exactly not.

The idea started with these dresses and I became obsessed with the idea of a bow:



It's evolved into a version of all three of these, made in white seersucker with a bow that is even better than these three. I am literally obsessed with the bow and I am going to find every chance I can to wear it until Labor Day. I can't wait to post the finished version after the party! Seriously, my sister is ridiculously talented.

And the shoes? { a complete change from what I originally thought I wanted } Biggest shock of all....Payless! I know! I was amazed! I went in there because I knew they had Lela Rose dyeable shoes but ended up walking out with these:

{ amazing. a big thank you to payless for saving me an exorbitant amount of money on footwear.}

happy thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I bet the dress is amazing! I can't wait to see pics of it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers